Where did the Gema Servers go?

1. 3 years ago

f0r3v3r

Oct 2014 Administrator Nowhere, Everywhere
    Edited 2 years ago by f0r3v3r

For reasons involving a feature inherent to Gema and general silliness involving it, I will only say this and no more in regards to it, but that the Gema servers have moved to our own masterserver, to 'help' preserve the 'consistency' of the Official masterserver for newer players... *said while rolling eyes

G3MA 3TH3R /connect se.aox-ac.net 2222
    Gema Koto /connect jp.aox-ac.net 2222
    Gema Nova /connect la.aox-ac.net 2222
    3t3rn@l G3m@ /connect fl.aox-ac.net 2222
    Windy Gema /connect ch.aox-ac.net 2222
    Gema Olympus /connect wa.aox-ac.net 2222

i would also like to ask your consideration should you need a place to register match, gema, or experimental servers...
    You can use the switch in your server's configuration:

-maox-ac.net

If you wish to view the servers available through this alternative masterserver in your client, you will need to use:

-maox-ac.net --mastertype=0

You can use this masterserver to browse all of our match servers, as well...
    Cheers!

2. 2 years ago

f0r3v3r

Feb 2015 Administrator Nowhere, Everywhere

gema is back on aox ms cuz autokick is under review as a gameplay-affecting modification

Always gonna be a dev somewhere to ruin the fun.... (and no it wasn't jamz either)

3. To be fair, I would say it is indeed gameplay affecting. If I were new, went into a server, killed a couple of people (in a fps game), get kicked / ban, yeah..I'd be mind fucked.

4. f0r3v3r

Edited 2 years ago by f0r3v3r

Yeah - I moved them voluntarily for sure....

My argument is that it states it pretty clearly in the server info and in the motd, and the spam info alternates it as a message throughout play...

But yeah...

5. f0r3v3r Yeah - I moved them voluntarily for sure....

My argument is that it states it pretty clearly in the server info and in the motd, and the spam info alternates it as a message throughout play...

But yeah...

I am not saying you were wrong..I guess they are just looking at the perspective of a new player / non-English speakers.

6. Padfoot

Feb 2015 |AoX| Member Somewhere... Over the rainbow

Casius To be fair, I would say it is indeed gameplay affecting. If I were new, went into a server, killed a couple of people (in a fps game), get kicked / ban, yeah..I'd be mind fucked.

However, all he people he killed when on the gema server would be pretty pissed as well...
    I do understand where you're coming from, I just think that if I were on the server, if someone connected after gema killing twice, I would be banning him ASAP. If he connected after gema killing a couple of times, the people on the server would be banning him.

It just enforces the basic rule of the gema server. Which is written on the top of the screen when you connect, and periodically flashes up.

In my very humble opinion, it's fine.

7. Padfoot However, all he people he killed when on the gema server would be pretty pissed as well...
    I do understand where you're coming from, I just think that if I were on the server, if someone connected after gema killing twice, I would be banning him ASAP. If he connected after gema killing a couple of times, the people on the server would be banning him.

It just enforces the basic rule of the gema server. Which is written on the top of the screen when you connect, and periodically flashes up.

In my very humble opinion, it's fine.

What if say they're new to the game, or do not know how to read English?

8. f0r3v3r

That was the perspective of the Dev I spoke with....

I understand it - I just think it is silly because padfoot is right - they will get kicked or banned anyway - The autokick was just designed so gema players wouldn't need an admin there all the time...

9. Padfoot

If they don't know how to read english, then tough. They will get kicked or banned anyway, and if they start complaining on other servers in say french, then eventually someone who understands the language will explain it to them.

It just makes it more convenient for the majority of people.
    Where you can't keep everyone satisfied, you keep as many people satisfied as possible.
    Unfortunately, well, you can't keep everyone happy.

10. Padfoot If they don't know how to read english, then tough. They will get kicked or banned anyway, and if they start complaining on other servers in say french, then eventually someone who understands the language will explain it to them.

It just makes it more convenient for the majority of people.
    Where you can't keep everyone satisfied, you keep as many people satisfied as possible.
    Unfortunately, well, you can't keep everyone happy.

Actually, in my times of playing, a good bit of AC players don't speak or read (much) English..so no, you are not making it convenient for the "majority". Anyways, let's not keep this going any longer.

11. Keettu

Feb 2015 |AoX| Member Lala land™ (with Lala♥)

Hey, just be glad we have our own MS for this stuff...

12. Padfoot

Casius Actually, in my times of playing, a good bit of AC players don't speak or read (much) English..so no, you are not making it convenient for the "majority". Anyways, let's not keep this going any longer.

Must... Have... Last... Word...

I'm not sure you quite understand what I'm saying. The majority of players are the ones who understand how gema works. Whether because someone told them in their language or because they can read english. Either way, people deserve to be able to play on a gema server without being constantly killed. And I've yet to see a gema server anywhere being used for pub play. So I think it's fair to say the majority of people on gema servers understand how they work.

or Sign Up to reply!