1. 4 years ago

Heyo guys, just for advices ; Do u know what computer i can buy to play with good settings games like "LOL" or "WOW" and for less than 350€ ! But seriously i wanna good performances, for play videogames and install music card/software, THX guys :) :)!

2. Padfoot

Aug 2014 |AoX| Member Somewhere... Over the rainbow

I doubt you'll find one that is not second-hand.

3. madcatz

Aug 2014 Administrator Đ¯ussia

In russia you can buy a good pc for that amount of money. It wont be gaming one, but WOW and LOL will run on it nicely.

4. f0r3v3r

Aug 2014 Administrator Nowhere, Everywhere

Build one =)

5. http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/53470059/Acer-Aspire-9423WSMi---Core-2-Duo-T5500---Centrino-Duo---RAM-2-Go---DD-160-Go---DVD-RW-R-double-couche-DVD-RAM---Gigabit-Ethernet---LAN-sans-fil-802-11a-b-g---Vista-Familiale-Premium---17-Ordinateur-portable.html#scroll=prd_information
    IS IT GOOD ?

6. Zadig

Aug 2014 |AoX| Member Fra

for playing well you need to check:

La memoire vive: (in your link, you have a DDR2, that's not a good one... DDR3 is better) and it's need to be more than 4GO.
    Graphic card: i don't know to much about is (type it in google)
    Your processor: need to be over 2Ghz and in intel at least i5. A stronger i5 is better as a lower i7
    Windows: NOT VISTA! or put Linux in it....

Someone can complete it!

7. Padfoot

Aug 2014 |AoX| Member Somewhere... Over the rainbow

Put Linux mint on it.

8. Can you run LoL or WoW on Linux?

9. Padfoot

Sep 2014 |AoX| Member Somewhere... Over the rainbow

You can have a minute Windows partition, or just use a VM. Either way, Linux is a superior OS.

10. Pikachu

Sep 2014 |AoX| Member Pikachuland, Hoenn

eww VM does not work well for gaming
    It might run in Wine though
    and if not, just dual boot :D
    or in my case, triple boot (OS X, Windows, and Linux :DDDDD)

11. Padfoot

Nah, OSX will be a pain to get running on a cheap laptop

12. aarf i understand nothing of u say x) Give me a Link with a good computer for less than 200 and ill buy it directly :D

13. HoeHunter

Sep 2014 Activated The Hoe Hunting Zone

Pikachu eww VM does not work well for gaming
    It might run in Wine though
    and if not, just dual boot :D
    or in my case, triple boot (OS X, Windows, and Linux :DDDDD)

Pika all you ever talk about is your triple boot hackintosh lol

14. Padfoot

Let's just run with Linux + Windows 7 (cos 8 is just... *shudders*)

15. f0r3v3r

Sep 2014 Administrator Nowhere, Everywhere
    Edited 4 years ago by f0r3v3r

For a $200 budget options are limited...

I would get something like this....
    ....And then find a budget PCI-E x16 Video Card and pop it in there...
    Ofc, this also assumes you have a monitor, keyboard & mouse to use with it already...

It's not gonna be very fast compared to a lot of machines out there, but you're only giving us $200 to work with...

Stupid me... I just saw your original post says 350€ - sorry...
    Maybe something in this range then....

16. Padfoot Let's just run with Linux + Windows 7 (cos 8 is just... *shudders*)

Windows 8 is not bad, why is everyone hating on it? I prefer it over 7 and I even use 7 at home...

17. For $400-500, I'm not sure that there are any gaming computers. Maybe you can find an i5 but that's about all you'll go.

You can find a good amount if you increase your budget to $600+

I am not sure about EU (if you are indeed in EU) but that's what I've noticed in the US.

18. -Subjective

Sep 2014 |AoX| Member at the end of the Rainbow

for 350 you can wait for a nice sale and you can get some pretty mad stuff!

19. Edited 4 years ago by vector

I once heard on my journey there is a computer called an abacus .. it sells for like 2 dollars.. haha.
    Truth is do not use windows of any discription.. resource unfriendly

linux....mwahhh xxxxx

mint ... probs the easiest transition.
    arch if you want to truly be a show off and brag.

Myself you cant beat puppy linux precise.. it does what it says on the can

ubuntu ..well I stay away from this media .. coz it sounds like another microsoft in the making.

truly there are some wonderful linux distros... the french are turning out some stunning stuff.It used to be a nordic thing but now its absolutely european thru and thru.
    Ok lets begin.
    Puppy precise... what do you want a free system that is small and yet not to quirky. well this one does it. you can install almost everything that ubuntu has.. but sometimes you need to play around a bit.i y

but if you want a up and running distro that install and runs fast.. then you have to go with slitaz.

if you want solid .. mint
    If you want fast small and mini then slitaz or puppy.. thou I have to say... out of the two I prefer slitaz coz it does not slow down on frugal install.. where as I noted puppy slows down some..

Ahh we can go on forever.. but if you buy an older machine you can tune it up anyway.. by getting rid of unwanted things.

Myself I am a great believer in the progs you use lots should be held in a core. and other things like silly apps should be deleted.
    beauty of linux is its colourful nature.. what is needed will be provided because of the demand.
    Meaning its getting bigger. its not like the old days when .. there were no drivers, frontends etc..
    give it a try and see what you think.. but truly. You will be shocked at how simple it is today to install.

when I started it was like a three day affair.. took forever.

as for win 8... its had it with the silly system called eufi..

how is it i buy a laptop and i still feel it belongs to microsoft because i cannot install anything else.

well you can at your peril on a 64bit mc

20. thx a lot guys :) When i have my money i go get one with a mix of all ur comments^^

or Sign Up to reply!