TF2 Server

1. 4 years ago

Viktor

Aug 2014 |AoX| Trial Member

So I guess you don't have a AoX server here.. I actually own a linux server and just checked the requirements, it seems I can run one with at least 24 players so I thought I would set one up for us. I heard some people here like that game and so do I, what you think about that guys?

2. Padfoot

Aug 2014 |AoX| Member Somewhere... Over the rainbow

I like TF2 :)

3. madcatz

Aug 2014 Administrator Đ¯ussia

Thanks for suggestion, Viktor :)
    My students like it and i guess muncher and demonwolf like it as well. I think that is good idea to have it, but we need more members to support it.

4. Viktor

Edited 4 years ago by Viktor

I've set up a vanilla server, looking at the requirements the server should manage it easily but I can't rate the ping since my internet connection is weak. The server is located in germany, some of you might be too far but maybe someone can test it for a minute. If it works well I might figure out how to write mods if needed but that's not happening today anymore :)
    Oh and here is the ip 107.6.143.248

5. I don't really find it a good idea hosting servers from home. Get a VPS if you're actually serious.

6. Cho

Aug 2014 |AoX| Member Offline

I just installed it 2 days ago, never played it though

7. Cho I just installed it 2 days ago, never played it though

I don't feel like downloading ~15Gb ;(

8. Viktor

Edited 4 years ago by Viktor

Its not hosted from home, its a virtual server elsewhere, running 24/7 for a year now :)

Ok, the server is up and running. A few people were playing there previously with a nice ping. I've installed metamod & sourcemod as well as an instant respawn plugin. I didn't add AoX to the server name yet.

Seems like I misunderstood you, apologies. When you said "I have a weak connection, so I can't rate the ping", it sounded like it was hosted from home.

It's running on a new ip now on a double performance server in Netherlands. 107.6.143.248

or Sign Up to reply!