1. 4 years ago

-Subjective

Aug 2014 |AoX| Member at the end of the Rainbow
    Edited 4 years ago by mash

Hey guys,

I found this while I was cleaning my pc.
    I made this guide about ac_desert3 a long time ago and thought that I could share it with you.

All the jumps, nade spots and camping spots are in here but if you miss one say it me and I will add it.
    If there is a picture near the wrong text tell me as well.

Hope you can learn from it!

ac_desert3 Guide:

Welcome to my ac_desert3 guide. It's one of the most played maps for inters, clan matches and tournaments. This guide contains: a intro after that we will go on with the jumps in the map. than we are going to watch to some camping spots. and last but not least we're going to see some nice nade tricks. This guide won't say you that you MUST do that and you MUST do that. no, it gives more knowledge about ac_desert3 which you CAN use.
    -Subjective

The map, routes and pickups

-image-

I will start with a short intro about the map, just to give you the idea about distances and other stuff. As you can see the map has 2 main routes and a middle. The first way is called long cause it's more open, I marked "long" in the blue lines. Also it's slower to reach the enemy base than "short". you can get from the flag to the other flag in 13 seconds without using rifle sprint (but using strafe running) in 10 seconds with the Assault Rifle and in 11 seconds with the SMG. For the other side that's called short you have a shorter time of flagging: 9.5 seconds without using rifle sprint but strafe running, in 6 seconds with the Assault Rifle and in 8 seconds with the SMG. These times aren't perfect but they give you a idea of how big this map is and how fast you need to be. The last area is the middle. the middle connects "Short" and "Long" together. It's easy to switch from sides and there are some nice pickups like the akimbo, health and nades.

-image-

On this screenshot you can see all the pickups in the map: the big black arrow in the middle is the akimbo. There is only one akimbo in the map. the akimbo make a loud and unique sound, so if you hear it watch on your minimap/map overview to see or one of your teammates picked it or it was a enemy so you know where he is! the green arrows are the health packs. there are 5 health packs on the map and as you can see 2 of them are really close to CLA base. the other 2 are close to RVSF base. the last one is in the "middle" of the field near the akimbo. There are 3 nades in the map marked with the yellow arrows. There are two kevlar vests in the map. they are marked with the pink arrows. The first one is on the side "short" and closer to CLA base than RVSF (so a little advantage). the other one is on the other side "long". that one is around the middle of "long" but still a little bit closer to CLA than RVSF. The red arrows are helmets. there is one in both bases. the last arrows are white and they mark the ammo in the map. You need to know every single pickup. where they are, what is the best route to it and how you can go on to the next pickup. If you know the pickups you can start making paths. they are also called routes. I gave two examples in the picture about the map layout. they are fast routes just to get to the enemy base. Make your own paths and master them!

Jumps

-image-

A easy jump in rsvf base. This jump allows you to jump from the box with the helmet to the door to the platform/bridge. You can do the jump without hax but that's quite hard so I prefer the hax there, you can also do a normal jump with some fire of your gun! but watch out for the place where the blue X is. If you don't jump on the left side of the box you will bump your head against the roof.

-image-

2 jumps in rsvf base, they end both on the same end point, but the blue one is harder and quicker. The red one is a jump where you need to do a crouched jump from the red number "1" to the red number "2". you can also shoot below you. when you are on the lockers you can jump to the doors, that's no special jump! 1 note: you need to jump from the little higher area where the flag is on or you won't reach the first jump (from "1" to "2"). the other jump is straight to the doors and faster! you can do it on 2 ways. the first one is a rifle jump with the Assault Riffle, you can't reach it with the SMG! you shoot below you while you're crouching in the air. the other way to do it is a hax jump, after some training it's not the hardest jump in the world but still not easy, the only way to master this jump is the same as the others: a lot of practice! also the same note here you need to jump from the higher area where the flag is standing or you will fail your jump and you wasted a lot of time, but if you failed or just missed the platform you can use hax and a rifle jump with the Assault Rifle or the SMG so you won't need the little platform.

-image-

Probably the most famous hax jump in AssaultCube, it's a easy hax jump (not if you're a total noob in hax jumps) which allows you to make a quicker path to RVSF base. you can also do the jump with the Assault Riffle and SMG. Try to train this jump first before you start with the harder ones, Cause it's a easy one and a very usefull one!

-image-

This is on the middle field of desert3, this jump allows you to get up there fast or just for the ammo, it's faster than go to the fence door and than the stairs up to the ammo! you can do this jump with a hax (which is not easy to master) and with the Assault Riffle.

-image-

A lovely jump in the side "long". it allowes you to take the armor and get up fast, or you come from the area with the ammo and wanna go to CLA base very fast. The first one which is marked in red is probably the best one cause the times you reach it when you trained it a lot is 7/10. when you train more this number is higher of course. you do a giant hax jump while you're rifle sprinting (can with every gun! but it's easy with the SMG and Assault Rifle of course). you will land on the number "2" and if you're in a hurry you can go on rifle sprinting, and you're in notime in CLA base! the second one is more a second option. if you failed the first one or the armor isn't there. you make a edge jump on the lowest box and you go up fast as well. The third one is a rare jump, you have nearby never a situation like this. If you bump your head against the roof between the green number "1" and "2" you will make a double jump (hax does the same but without roof). and if you're rifle sprinting (still don't matter which gun you're using but Assault Riffle and SMG are easier than the rest). You can use 3 different ways to do it faster!

-image-

This are 2 jumps to get in RVSF base, the red one is a edge jump, you use the barrel for the edge jump after you made the edge you need to crouch in the air to reach the jump and go in the window cause that is too small to stand! the second jump is harder to master and but it give you some time advantage cause you don't need to crouch (you need to crouch by the window if you do the first jump).You hax on the blue number "1" and than use the Assault Rifle or the SMG (but that needs some practice) to reach the platform/bridge.

-image-

These 3 jumps are to get to the nade or a safe "camping" spot near RVSF base. the first one is showed in the red numbers, you use the barrel to make a edge jump, you don't need to use a gun but you need to crouch in the air! the other 2 jumps marked in blue and green are hax jumps, they are as good as the same: only the place is different. just hax and you won't need a gun. you can also reach them by using the Assault Rifle and crouching. using the SMG is also a option.

-image-

A very good camping spot very close to CLA base. you can use two ways to get on the lockers, the first one in red is a hax jump, you don't need to shoot with your gun only haxing and crouching is enough but you can do it with the Assault Rifle as well. the other one is easier. you will jump on the box and than with a crouch jump on the locker, the same for this one you don't need to use your gun.

Go on to part 2

2. -Subjective

Edited 4 years ago by mash

Camping spots

-image-

This is a easy jump to a nice camping spot, this is one of the best places to camp when you've got the flag and are in a flag battle or just need to hide yourself. you can do this jump without tools like edge or hax. even a rifle jump is not needed.

-image-

Here are two other "secret" spots where you can hide.The first one is spot "1". It is a good camping spot when you come out of RVSF base and need to hide, your enemies will probably jump down cause that's the normal way to go, and if you have some smart enemies you can gun them down while they walk around the corner.

-image-

On these two spots you are able to have some cover. On the first spot by the number "1" you can crouch there and enjoy your cover while you're shooting people who come around the corner. after that you can jump down to the health pack. the second spot is more for sneaking in. it won't work always but keep it in mind.

-image-

As you can see we are in the CLA base. I will start by the big blue X. I see a lot of people camping there but it is the worst spot ever! The number "1" is in my opinion in the best spot in CLA base, you can see the exit to "short" and "long". Also a good spot when you have a flag battle or just need to hide. the number "2" is also not a good spot unless you see someone by the window I marked with the green arrow on the left side of the picture. The third spot is better cause you can see everyone coming in the base from "long" and you can camp in the corner to kill everyone who is walking in from "short"very easy as well.

-image-

Here are some nice hiding spots near the RVSF base. you can hide on the first spot marked by number "1". It's easy to wait there and shoot your enemy in the back and go for the flag. you can also let him go but I don't recommand that! The second spot marked by number "2" is another hiding spot. you can backreap or spawnkill your enemie from there and go for the flag as well. the third spot marked by "3" is a good spot for defencing RVSF base from attackers that come from "short". You have very good cover from the box there. Also a good tip for there is: if you need to reload, leave the spot and go to the health by the green arrrow. come back as soon as you can to the spot. maybe your enemy captured the flag or is still waiting for you. if the flag is captured you can also make a other choice. Go to CLA base as fast as you can by the "long" side.

This hiding spot is very close to RVSF base and allows you to see to the green arrow without showing too much of your body. it's very usefull whit a sniper because you can fire for the head while you're camping there. you need to stand on the box with the red number "1" on it. When you're standing on it you jump and can see over the wall to the green arrow.

Nade spots

-image-

This nade spot is easy to control. It's very usefull when you are on the RVSF side and captured a flag. your enemies rush in but if you throw a nade at the arrow by the door (always throw your nades in the right door cause they won't come in from the left most of the time.)(from the direction where i'm standing) they will die by the nade. it's a good way to defend your base without losing hp. You can also use this when you see on the minimap or map overview that your teammate died close by your base on RVSF base. you can throw a nade than as well.

-image-

This nade spot is usefull when you're on RSVF and CLA. when you get a nade (which is in front of you most of the time) throw at the place where the arrow is and you cleared a good path! but for CLA: if your flag got stolen you can throw a nade there. If your enemy goes out "long" than you will kill him. If he isn't coming there go to left to catch him on "short".

-image-

This is a nade spot very usefull and I got a lot of kills from it. it's very easy. just throw a nade to the arrow. the place where it lands is just out RVSF base. you can use the nade to clear your path and run to it or switch to the "long" side. Or cover the "short" side when your flag is stolen

-image-

This nade spot is only (very) usefull when you captured the flag and wanna bring it back to base. the enemies will spawn and walk in your nade. My overall tip for nades is to safe them untill you're out of the base. more kills than when you're gonna throw some random.

-image-

This spot is usefull for CLA but also for RVSF. first CLA, you probably knew this one already. just throw your nade in that small area. Now RVSF. If you're around here and your flag get stolen you can throw a nade there. if the flag is going "long" you will hurt him very bad or even gib him! if he isn't coming "long" you can use the fastest route to your enemies base and kill the flag there.

-image-

This nade "trick" is in the RVSF base. If you're CLA and rush in RVSF base to steal the flag you can see someone defending behind the box with the helmet where the red arrow is. It's hard to take him down with your gun because only his head pops out. First of all if you use this nade trick or not you need to crouch and use the cover from the stairs (the cubes you can see in the picture in front of where I stand). After that while or while you're doing that move you can pick your nade and throw it. You don't need to hold it down in your hands just let it go. You need to aim at the wooden thingy on the roof where the big blue "x" is. The defender will die if he won't run away. If he runs away it could be nice to do the same nade trick again if you have the nades while you're grabbing the flag. Your enemy will come back so if you do it twice he will die from your pre-nade.

-image-

This is a very usefull nade trick to use when you've captured the flag from CLA. most of the time when you killed on or more enemies they will go out to "long" to catch you by on of these "gaps". If they spawn in CLA base and walk the stairs they get a nice suprise. Only use this nade trick when you master it because you will slow down a bit, but most of the time it's worth it.

3. -Subjective

Can the other pictures be fixed as well?

Anyway i hope you guys liked it!

4. madcatz

Aug 2014 Administrator Яussia

Great work! But where are the rest of the pictures?

5. -Subjective

I added them just like the rest!

6. madcatz

Aug 2014 Administrator Яussia

some of your images are links to a page not to and image.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/oVyzIxV[/img]

try to add .jpg in the end:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/oVyzIxV.jpg[/img]
  7. -Subjective

madcatz some of your images are links to a page not to and image.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/oVyzIxV[/img]

try to add .jpg in the end:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/oVyzIxV.jpg[/img]

Ok thanks for the toip

8. Padfoot

Aug 2014 |AoX| Member Somewhere... Over the rainbow

Wow... Nice guide Subby

9. badger

Oct 2014 Administrator badger's burrow

Dude... awesome!!!

10. -Subjective

Oct 2014 |AoX| Member at the end of the Rainbow

badger Dude... awesome!!!

Haha you know it :D

11. Keettu

Oct 2014 |AoX| Member Lala land™ (with Lala♥)

Sweet tutorial dude (I was eventually going to write some based on my exp on maps/tips/tricks) Love the way you explain everything and I also love the simplistic pictures that go with it. :P

12. badger

Oct 2014 Administrator badger's burrow

Keettu!!!! :D

13. Keettu

Oct 2014 |AoX| Member Lala land™ (with Lala♥)
    Edited 4 years ago by Keettu

Badger!!!! :D

Still no internet though, but I'm so glad to see you again! XD

14. Muncher

Oct 2014 Administrator Strawberry Palace

Well.. when you do get back.. you'll need some heavy de-rusting :D

15. -Subjective

Keettu Sweet tutorial dude (I was eventually going to write some based on my exp on maps/tips/tricks) Love the way you explain everything and I also love the simplistic pictures that go with it. :P

Qthank you!
    I'r working on a complete guide now!

16. :-) Good Job! The more you play, the more things you discover! For sure there are many more! keep it up. (btw, everybody can read it. No suprise effect. Make it private!)

17. madcatz

Oct 2014 Administrator Яussia

I think there is nothing to hide :) we are open for clans willing to improve
    that's why we have an AoX academy

18. -Subjective

Well spoken maddie!

19. f0r3v3r

Oct 2014 Administrator Nowhere, Everywhere

Here-here! =)

20. qUicKz

Oct 2014 Usa East 978

dope guide, very usefull

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!